The Cosinus Slide® Design
The Cosinus Slide®armor joint has a unique technology that permits the load bearing capacity of the armor joint to be that of the complete concrete floor. The top section is made up of two 0.2 inch (5 mm) thick corrugated cold rolled steel profiles. Instead of traditional anchor studs, the joint is anchored into the concrete by a technologically advanced continuous rebar system which weaves itself along the total length of the joint. Preventing overflowing of concrete, an adjustable steel plate stands between the two halves of the joint.
Cosinus Slide® Steel Armored Joint Follow Up On Several Facilities After Years Of Intense Service
This video features follow up visits to several industrial facilities, where HCJ Cosinus Slide® armored joints were installed. A Toyota parts distribution center in Belgium after nine years of heavy continuous service. A Rewe logistic center in Germany after 4 years. And Essers logistic center in Belgium. All these facilities' floor joints are in excellent condition after years and years of intense material handling traffic. All of these clients have written testimonials confirming the savings and long term benefits of the Cosinus Slide joint.
HCJ Cosinus Slide Armored Joint Installation - Slab on Grade (SOG)
This short video is intended to give someone a brief overview of the installation process. Understand that every project has varying details, conditions, so the actual installation process may be different. PSCS offers on-site technical assistance. In collaboration with HCJ, PSCS offers design checks. Please contact us for more information.
HCJ Cosinus Slide Dynamic & Static Load Transfer Video Overview
This video shows how HCJ's Cosinus Slide works in compared to standard doweled joints.
- Free design check
- Cost saving comfort
- Maximum optimization of the floor
- No limitation in rack positioning - future autonomy on any new racking systems
- More logistic space for less money
HCJ Cosinus Slide Load Transfer Comparison vs Doweled Solutions
Split screen video displaying the ULS performance of; Rectangle Plate Dowel, Diamond Plate Dowel, HCJ Cosinus Slide.
Advantages of the Cosinus Slide®
This unique load bearing capacity of the floor slab has been designed, tested, and proven for all kinds of mechanical handling equipment on slabs.
The loads are transferred simultaneously across the floor from slab panel to slab panel.
- Mitigates curling.
- Standard sizes in heights are between 90mm or 3 - 3/4" to 500mm or 19 - 11/16".
- Minimizes mechanical handling equipment maintenance.
- Reduces floor repairs and facility down time.
- Maximizes your return on investment.
- The corrugated waves remove the linear gap found in straight joints and straight cuts.
- The armor joint offers unprecedented comfort for forklift operators.
- Delivers shock and vibration free surface.
- Reduces the noise level within your facility.
- The two halves of the joint are held together with nylon bolts which break as concrete shrinks allowing for continuous pouring on both sides of the joint and flexible planning.
- Available in galvanized and in stainless steel.
- Custom built to your slab depth upon request.
PSCS can provide detailed instructions and onsite personalized training to help your team develop an in-depth understanding of the armor joint installation procedures.
Other Armored Joints
THE E-SLIDE JOINT®
Not all floors require the enormous load transfer capacity of the Cosinus Slide®. Coming in at a comparable price to a standard doweled armored joint, the e-Slide Joint® was created to provide a more economical priced sinus wave armored joint.
THE E-STRAIGHT® JOINT
The e-straight construction joint is our new solution for concrete industrial floors with less static (racks) and dynamic (traffic) load requirements.
THE SINUS SLIDE® REPAIR JOINT
When a robust sustainable joint repair solution is desired, know that there is such a possible solution. An important factor is to eliminate the cause of damage which often is the striking impact of passing wheels.
THE HC MINI OMEGA® JOINT
The range of the HC-Mini Omega joint is especially designed for applications in, lighter use industrial floors on elevated bearing slabs, stage floors, various commercial applications, parking structures, and also in light, small industrial floors in buildings.