Strong and durable
The Straight HC-Omega®profile is a very strong and durable free movement joint that has proved its effectiveness since 1989. Made up of two 1/5th inch thick continuous cold rolled steel profiles, its male and female connection system prevents vertical movement and guarantees optimal load transfer while still allowing for free horizontal movement in both directions of the concrete slab. Using precise automation, the welded nelson studs guarantee solid anchorage to the concrete when shrinking occurs. As with all the armor joints, the top edge of the joint is milled ensuring perfect evenness of the two steel plates and lasting edge protection.
Advantages of the Straight HC-Omega® joint
- Globally proven with over 3 million linear feet of armor joint installed
- Ridge and robust, it is easy to install
- Continuously transfers load from slab panel to slab panel
- Mitigates curling, spalling and rocking
- Reduces joint repairs and facility down time
- Proven high satisfactory test results in extreme conditions
- Allows for continuous pouring on both sides of the joint
- Heights are between 120mm or 4-3/4" to 300mm or 12".
- Custom manufactured to suit any slab thickness and fully galvanized or manufactured in stainless steel upon request.
Other Armor Joints
THE COSINUS SLIDE® JOINT
Cosinus Slide® armored joint incorporates the latest state of the art technology and changes the way we think of joints. This new jointing solution is revolutionary because the joint becomes the floor. It is like there is no joint. The unique sinus wave geometry completely eliminates any potential impacts from wheeled traffic. Continuous load transfer is accomplished by the Sinus-Cosinus geometry.
THE CORRUGATED HC-OMEGA® JOINT
The Corrugated HC-Omega® also known as the HC-Omega Sinus Slide® joint is a hybrid of the Straight HC-Omega ® joint and the Cosinus Slide® joint. Utilizing the same top section as the Cosinus Slide® joint and the bottom male and female connection from the Straight HC-Omega®, this robust joint is ideal for all applications including high traffic lanes and heavy equipment.
THE SINUS SLIDE® REPAIR JOINT
In case of serious damage at joint and floor only a lasting repair is useful. Important is to eliminate the cause of damage which often is the striking impact of passing wheels. The application of the Sinus Slide® solution in the joint repair method of working procedure proved to be very efficient.