The Cosinus Slide® Design
The Cosinus Slide®armor joint has combined the HC-Omega Slide® with a unique technology that permits the load bearing capacity of the armor joint to be that of the complete concrete floor. The top section is made up of two 0.2 inch (5 mm) thick corrugated cold rolled steel profiles. Instead of traditional anchor studs, the joint is anchored into the concrete by a technologically advanced continuous rebar system which weaves itself along the total length of the joint. Preventing overflowing of concrete, an adjustable steel plate stands between the two halves of the joint.
Cosinus Slide® armor expansion joint
Long lasting benefits:
- Shock and vibration free forklift wheel crossing
- Mitigates curling and spalling
- Maximizes your return on investment
- Reduces floor repairs and facility down time
- Reduces the noise level within your facility
- High level of comfort for mechanical handling equipment operators
- Complete load transfer from slab panel to slab panel
- Proven high satisfactory test results in extreme conditions
Advantages of the Cosinus Slide®
This unique load bearing capacity of the floor slab has been designed, tested, and proven for all kinds of mechanical handling equipment on slabs.
The loads are transferred simultaneously across the floor from slab panel to slab panel.
- Mitigates curling.
- Minimizes mechanical handling equipment maintenance.
- Reduces floor repairs and facility down time.
- Maximizes your return on investment.
- The corrugated waves remove the linear gap found in straight joints and straight cuts.
- The armor joint offers unprecedented comfort for forklift operators.
- Delivers shock and vibration free surface.
- Reduces the noise level within your facility.
- The two halves of the joint are held together with nylon bolts which break as concrete shrinks allowing for continuous pouring on both sides of the joint and flexible planning.
- Available in galvanized and in stainless steel.
- Heights are between 115mm or 4.5" to 300mm or 12".
- Custom built to your slab depth upon request.
PSCS will provide detailed instructions and onsite personalized training to help your team develop an in-depth understanding of the armor joint installation procedures.
Other Armor Joints
THE CORRUGATED HC-OMEGA® JOINT
The Corrugated HC-Omega® also known as the HC-Omega Sinus Slide® joint is a hybrid of the Straight HC-Omega ® joint and the Cosinus Slide® joint. Utilizing the same top section as the Cosinus Slide® joint and the bottom male and female connection from the Straight HC-Omega®, this robust joint is ideal for all applications including high traffic lanes and heavy equipment.
THE STRAIGHT HC-OMEGA® JOINT
The Straight HC-Omega® joint is the most suitable construction joint and expansion joint for industrial floors. Its rigid and robust structure make it easy to install and extremely effective.
THE SINUS SLIDE® REPAIR JOINT
In case of serious damage at joint and floor only a lasting repair is useful. Important is to eliminate the cause of damage which often is the striking impact of passing wheels. The application of the Sinus Slide® solution in the joint repair method of working procedure proved to be very efficient.